On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 5:07 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com>
wrote:

> On 1/16/24 00:06, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 5:17 AM veem v <veema0...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:veema0...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >     Is any key design/architectural changes should the app development
> >     team [...], should really aware about
> > Hi. One of the biggest pitfall of PostgreSQL, from the app-dev
> perspective,
> > is the fact any failed statement fails the whole transaction, with
> > ROLLBACK as the only recourse.
>
> "SAVEPOINT establishes a new savepoint within the current transaction.

I wish it was that easy.
I've been scared away from using them, after reading a few articles...
Also, that incurs extra round trips to the server, from the extra commands.

I really wish https://github.com/lzlabs/pg_statement_rollback was built-in.
Don't make it the default, for backward compatibility, but please let me
opt-in to it, w/o an extension.

https://buttondown.email/nelhage/archive/notes-on-some-postgresql-implementation-details/
https://postgres.ai/blog/20210831-postgresql-subtransactions-considered-harmful
https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2021/09/29/why-we-spent-the-last-month-eliminating-postgresql-subtransactions/