Thanks Olivier and Scot for your inputs!

Another data point I would like to share is that VMs will be built in Azure
Cloud with Azure Managed Storage and Locally redundant storage (LRS) option
with a remote DR as well.

 LVM or ZFS would still be a good option to allow easy storage/disk
management like add, resize or remove disks while PostgreSQL services are
up?
Is equal data distribution a challenge on LVM/ZFS disks?

Thanks
Amit