On 5/16/24 08:59, HORDER Philip wrote:
Classified as: {OPEN}

Adrian,

Still your contention was that autovacuum quit running after the initial
restore and that is not the case....

This Postgres server has been restarted a few times since 2nd May most recently
on Tuesday 14th, hence the more recent analyze status.

Assuming clean shutdowns the statistics will survive restarts. They would be wiped when you drop a database and start over, have an unclean shutdown or you use one of the reset functions from here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-STATS-FUNCTIONS

28.2.25. Statistics Functions

We've had some problems with our data feeds on this integration system, but
these are now running again.
I'm planning to leave it all alone until I'm back in the office on Tuesday, and
run this query again for a few tables and send you an update.
I'm expecting no further stats analysis, (and the performance to be appalling).

From here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-logging.html

log_autovacuum_min_duration

In addition, when this parameter is set to any value other than -1, a message will be logged if an autovacuum action is skipped due to a conflicting lock or a concurrently dropped relation.

Thanks for your time.

Phil Horder
Database Mechanic

Thales