The convention here is to in-line replies, or bottom-post.  Top-posting
makes the archives more difficult to read.

On Thursday, July 4, 2024, Murthy Nunna <mnu...@fnal.gov> wrote:

> pg_terminate_backend(pid) will not work as it expects only one pid at a
> time.
>

> Interesting…I wouldn’t expect the function calls to interact that
way…maybe try putting the select query into a plpgsql DO command loop and
then call pg_terminate_backend once per loop iteration.

> So, the question is how to rewrite this psql so it loops through all pids
> one pid at a time?
>
> I can’t tell if you really mean the psql program or are misusing the term
to mean something different…the code you wrote doesn’t seem like it would
execute in psql.

David J.