raf <postg...@raf.org> writes:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2024 at 06:43:22PM -0700, "David G. Johnston"
> <david.g.johns...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You specified “-1” so I don’t get why you believe pg_restore should be
>> continuing to execute in the face of the SQL error.

> The reason I believe pg_restore should be continuing to execute in the face of
> the SQL error is because I didn't supply the -e option which is described
> thusly in the pg_restore manual entry:

But you'd better also read the para about -1:

  -1
  --single-transaction
    Execute the restore as a single transaction (that is, wrap the
    emitted commands in BEGIN/COMMIT). This ensures that either all
    the commands complete successfully, or no changes are
    applied. This option implies --exit-on-error.

                        regards, tom lane