---
Microsoft is not the Answer -
Microsoft is the Question,
and the Answer is no !

>>> Tatsuo Ishii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 15.03.2000  02.20 Uhr >>>

No. The message "AllocateFile: too many private FDs demanded" means it
ran out the stido file descriptor pool that is different from normal
file descriptors. PostgreSQL maintains the stdio file descriptor pool
for relatively short life usage (within a transaction). The size of
the pool is limited by a compile-time defined constant
(MAX_ALLOCATED_FILES, currently 32), not by the kernel limit. I've
never seen this before, and sounds really strange. Maybe we have found
a new bug under a relatively rare conditions?

I start the postmaster with -B 1024. Could this be the Problem?

Uwe