>>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Bruce Momjian
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Could someone enlighten me here?  He seemed absolutely positive that
>> a disconnect is as good as a commit and always has been.

> Disconnect should abort the transaction.  It does in PostgreSQL, and I
> _hope_ every other database.

Thanks for all the replies, and saving my sanity.  The heavy lifter
confirms what some supposed, that he is only talking about the console
/ GUI front end.  He was guessing about programming based on that.

I tried psql, and it does NOT default to confirm, which is fine with
me.  I personally would find it confusing to have the front end
default to confirm on exit.  I'd rather have it behave the same as a
program.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933