Wow, it works greatThank's for the quick answerThe Postgres community is
amazing!Charles> Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 20:01:03 +0100> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org> Subject: Re: [GENERAL]
Stored Procedure: Copy table from; path = text variable> > Charles Pare wrote:>
> Hi, in a stored procedure, if I do COPY table FROM 'mypath'> > DELIMITERS
'\t'; it works but if my path is a text variable which> > contain my path,
i.e.COPY table FROM mytextvar DELIMITERS '\t'; it> > doesn't work, I get ERROR:
syntax error at or near "$1"SQL state:> > 42601Context: SQL statement in
PL/PgSQL function "parseinsert" near> > line 15Is there any workaround? I want
to create a temporary table,> > copy from and parse the table, all with dynamic
path depending of how> > the function is called.Thank'sCharles > > Try building
your COPY as text and use EXECUTE.> > -- >    Richard Huxton>    Archonet Ltd>
4: Have you searched our list archives?> >
http://archives.postgresql.org/
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx