Hi,

I am trying the following:

        critik=# select start_date from show_date order by case when start_date
> CURRENT_DATE then start_date desc else start_date asc end;
        ERROR:  syntax error at or near "desc"
        LINE 1: ...se when start_date > CURRENT_DATE then start_date desc else

If I remove the "desc" and "asc" then the quey is accepted but doesn't
do what I want.

OTOH if I try:

        critik=# select start_date from show_date order by start_date case when
start_date > CURRENT_DATE then desc else asc end;
        ERROR:  syntax error at or near "case"
        LINE 1: ...ect start_date from show_date order by start_date case when

How can i order ASC or DESC depending on a condition?

Thanks,

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq