Tom Lane wrote:
Gerhard Hintermayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
... x should be y
I do get these messages one 2 of my servers running mostly on identical data. The servers are unix-based and are running 8.1.8 under linux (Gentoo).

Update.

I thought the fixed error was related to running VACUUM FULL, so I disabled running it once a week to prevent currupting my indices. (btw I do not use autovacuum) But I still get occasional error log entries of this kind (one attempt to insert), is the fixed error in 8.1.9 also related to growing index size or is there any other bug burried somewhere. I'm planning to upgrade the upcoming weekend, so I could investigate some more.

regards
Gerhard