Tom Lane wrote:
Jeff Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
When psql begins loading this file, it throws the error:

psql:/tmp/people.sql:79: ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 655

Hmm.  Can you try that with \set VERBOSITY verbose so we can determine
where the error is being thrown from?

Using the same dump file as before, but with verbosity on:

psql:/tmp/people.sql:79: ERROR:  XX000: unrecognized node type: 655
LOCATION:  _outValue, outfuncs.c:1707
psql:/tmp/people.sql:82: ERROR:  42P01: relation "public.people" does
not exist
LOCATION:  RangeVarGetRelid, namespace.c:216

The interesting thing is that this exact process works just fine to a third machine also running 8.2.4

The example doesn't fail for me, either.

We've occasionally seen messages of this type from poorly-done local
modifications to the backend.  How did you come by the postgres
executables you're using on the problem machine?

I installed the latest package from the OpenBSD snapshots.  The other
machines are also using OpenBSD package installations.

                        regards, tom lane

Thanks,

Jeff

              http://archives.postgresql.org/