Oh yes you have a good point. But then I will still have to test insert
and update on views.

Thanks a lot michael!

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 00:56 -0500, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2007, at 0:23 , Ronald Rojas wrote:
>
> > Yes I know that procedure but I would like to insert in between
> > because I have at third party software that will call the said
> > schema and one of its dependencies with the mapping is it should
> > have the correct order with what the receiving end will be use for
> > the mapping. And in this case, I can't modify the receiving
> > structure (third-party) and the tables that I will be using is in
> > on production state. So would only mean that I have to schedule a
> > very fast maintenance, probably 5 to 10 secs just to re-initialize
> > the tables.
>
> Another option would be to use views to change the column order,
> which would work for selects. I believe you could create rules for
> insert and update as well, if necessary. Perhaps this would be a
> solution to your problem.
>
> Michael Glaesemann
> grzm seespotcode net

Ronald Rojas
Systems Administrator
Linux Registered  User #427229

Arnold's Laws of Documentation:
        (1) If it should exist, it doesn't.
        (2) If it does exist, it's out of date.
        (3) Only documentation for useless programs transcends the
            first two laws.