Postgres can't be embedded or serverless. Firebird has the embedded feature. Most of the databases have this capability (hsqldb, derby,oracle,mysql, firebird, and db2). Derby and hsqldb are the only free embedded databases for commercial use.

I recently ported a schema from postgres to firebird and found name size limitations. Firebird has a limitation on the size of it's column names, table names, constraint names and index names. I think the size limitation on firebird is 31 characters. Postgres doesn't have this limitation.

Steve