On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:22:32PM +0100, Gregory Stark wrote:
> mode. In fact I believe SERIALIZABLE mode is actually measurably faster in
> benchmarks but haven't run one in READ COMMITTED mode recently (for that
> reason).

I think there's a reason why SERIALIZABLE could be slower, and that
is that it's waiting on possibly-conflicting (but not actually
conflicting) commits to happen in READ COMMITTED mode.  No?  Won't it
have to check those things when it COMMITs?

Andrew Sullivan  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
                --George Orwell

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster