Hi,

it is my first shot using Mono and I failed to get the example from

   http://www.mono-project.de/wiki/keyword/PostgreSQL/

working.  The reason is obviousely that whatever I tried NpgsqlConnection
tries to use password authentication but I have configured my system
that ident authentication is used by default.

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux testing running postgresql 8.2 and mono 1.2.
Could anybody enlight me how to connect to a database where users have
no password set because always ident authentication is used on local host.

I hope this is the right list for this kind of questions.  Any hint for
a better place to ask is welcome as well.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

PS: It would be welcome if you keep me in CC because I'm not subscribed
    to the list, but I can read the archive as well.

--
http://fam-tille.de