Alban Hertroys wrote:

SELECT * FROM gdp WHERE NULL IS NOT ANY(y1970, y1971, y1972);

I get nothing but syntax errors... I remember trying to use ANY in the
past and never got it to work...

So, how do you use ANY with a fixed set of values (the way IN can)? And
can this be used to solve the OP's problem without using tricks like
summing NULL values?

AFAIK there are two variants of ANY()
  1. sets
  2. arrays

So you should be able to do:
  ... WHERE x = ANY( ARRAY[a, b, c] )

Of course, where x is NULL, I don't think that'll help you (x = NULL returns NULL). Oh, and you couldn't have nulls in arrays before 8.2 iirc.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

      match