> Im trying to play a bit with log shipping between 2 servers primary
 and standby. These servers are running versions 8.3betat3. I had set up
 continuous archiving at the primary server. The manuals' example of
 archive_command is
> archive_command = 'cp -i %p /mnt/server/archivedir/%f </dev/null'
>
> This basically archives the data in the primary server
 itself...right!!!
> But how can I set up continuous archiving from primary to a directory
 (WAL archive directory)
> on the stand-by server ?

>>a. Mount the remote directory via NFS/SMBFS/...
>>b. Use a remote copy, e.g. scp, FTP...

Thanks...
I tried this command to both copy in the primary server and scp to standby
server.

archive_command = 'cp -i "%p" .../archivedir/"%f" &&
scp -B "%p".../archivedir/"%f"  "%p" [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/....archivedir/"%f"'

cp works but scp doesnt work. Is it becoz scp generally asks for password. I
can do scp or ssh without password authentication but Im not sure if it is safe
to do that.

What is the alternative for getting this done?

Thanks
sharmila

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/