On Dec 15, 2007, at 8:29 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi All.
My question is simple and plain: Are there some limit in the number of
database operations between a BEGIN statement and a COMMIT statement?

Yes, there is a command counter that is incremented for every command
between BEGIN and COMMIT.  It can't exceed 4 billion commands.

I think the error message upon hitting that deserves some kind of easter egg status.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888