Ow Mun Heng wrote:
{resend as don't see it on the list after 4 hours}

I'm just wetting my hands with slony and during the setup of the slave,
I did and dump and restore of the master DB to the Slave DB.

You don't need to do this.

However during the startup of slony, I noticed that it issues a truncate
command to the (to be) replicated table. Hence, this means that there's
no such need for me to do a dump/restore in the 1st place.

can someone confirm this? It _is_ taking long time (for slony) to do the
\copy (~60GB in multiple tables being replicated, including (on the fly)
index creation)

This is correct. You want an empty replication database. When you start replication slony will bring the master and slave into sync.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

 - Benjamin Franklin