T.J. Adami wrote:
On 15 jan, 12:29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Richard Huxton) wrote:
It's quite simple to have problems with pgAdmin's backup procedure.
Hmm - shouldn't be, and if so then please let the pgAdmin people know!
They're always working to improve the package and it's

I think the same. We (company I work for) develop an ERP software with
more than 200 customers, and each one have a individual and
confidential database with PostgreSQL.
Using pgAdmin version 1.6.x or lower with those databases causes
errors when the database is restored from a .backup file created with
compression from pgAdmin. However, to kill the doubt, I realize those
errors with pg_restore utility from terminal as well.

What puzzles me is that as far as I know, pgAdmin *uses* pg_dump and pg_restore to handle its backup needs.

P.S: I have to trace exactly these pgAdmin issues. The issues really
exists (I'll not post any fake message here if it was not true), but I
can't send databases dump to reproduce them according the contract
with our customers (confidential data).

I'm sure that will be appreciated. Open source projects rely on knowledgable users who are prepared to do a little investigating. It's what helps drive reliability up.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd