On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

it has been suggested that perhaps FC4 is not capable of being
thread safe.

FC4 deprecated use of Linux Threads in preference to the Native POSIX Thread Library, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that transition wasn't perfect (welcome to 2005's bugs on a release that was obsolete in 9 months). There are instructions for using the older library at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/fc4/#sn-nptl and that one may work better for you. Alternately, you might be able to upgrade to a later NPTL version.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD