PostgreSQL has its own inbuilt mechanism for backing up the database. you can
refer to the postgres manual online for more information.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/backup.html

- Vishal

Subject: [ADMIN] BackupDate: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:08:26 -0500From: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,
    We have a center in Europe who has just started to use PostgreSQL and was
asking me if there are any Symantec product or other products that backup this
type of database.   We presently run VERITAS ver9.1 on windows2003 server.
What is being used by users out there now.  We are thinking of upgrading to the
latest Symantec backup exec software but am not sure if this version does
backup PostgreSQL. When called for support they told me to go to the Symantec
site and search the compatibility list. I didn't find anything dealing with
PostgreSQL database.
Any answer would help me simplify my backup situation.
Thanks,

Dominic CarlucciProduction Control Analyst
CAE Inc.8585 Cote de LiesseSt. Laurent, Quebec H4T 1G6
(514)341-2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tried the new MSN Messenger? It’s cool! Download now.
http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in