Scott Marlowe wrote:
On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Karl Denninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ugh.

 I am attempting to move from 8.2.6 to 8.3, and have run into a major
 problem.

 The build goes fine, the install goes fine, the pg_dumpall goes fine.

 However, the reload does not.  I do the initdb and then during the
 reload I get thousands of errors, apparently from table data which is
 perfectly ok in the tables, but pukes up a hairball when attempted to be
 reloaded.

So what error message?

It looks like the problem had to do with the tsearch2 module that I have in use in a number of my databases, and which had propagated into template1, which meant that new creates had it in there.

If its in a database in a dump it trashes the restore for everything beyond that point when the restore is unable to find it in the new database.

I went through the entire catalog and pulled the old contrib/tesearch2 module in for those databases where it was present before, and it now appears to be restoring ok.....

I'm not quite clear what I have to do in terms of if/when I can drop the old tsearch config stuff and for obvious reasons (like not running into this in the future) I'd like to. Can I just run the "untsearch2" script against those databases or will that destroy the search functionality? Are there changes necessary in the SQL code (the documentation implies not unless I'm doing "odd" things)

Thanks in advance...

Karl Denninger ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.denninger.net