Pau Marc Munoz Torres wrote:
Hi everybody

I trying to upload some plpsql functions to postgresql database using a perl
script and i get the following error

 psql:/usr/local/Make2D-DB_II
/pgsql/make2db_functions.pgsql:85: ERROR:  language "plpgsql" does not exist
HINT:  Use CREATE LANGUAGE to load the language into the database.

and then when I try to create the language, i get

geldb=# CREATE LANGUAGE plpgsql;

ERROR:  language "plpgsql" already exists

anybody knows what's wrong?

Thanks

My first guess would be what db are you connected to?

Is the script connected to the same db you are connected to when you run psql?

I would probably add the CREATE LANGUAGE command to the start of the perl script.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz