Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

I am not sure about the right place to post this question so I'm
trying here first:

We are using Postgres in our company successfully since 2001 but now
we arrived at the conclusion that we really need "Materialized Views"
for our further business. Also we decided that we should try to pay
someone from the community for the feature to be implemented for
Postgres instead of doing it ourselves.
While we know that this is common practice in open source projects I
would like to ask how such a kind of "announcement" should be made for
Postgres.

Short of having an all purpose macro, did you try one of the already
available methods to roll it your own? Otoh, I do not want to spoil
the fun of putting "yes we have materialized views" to the list of
marketing relevant things ;-)

Cheers
Tino