Kevin Reynolds a écrit :
Does postgresql have something similar to the ORDER BY FIELD feature found in MySQL? Something like ORDER BY FIELD(ID, 10, 2, 56, 40); It is listed here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/sorting-rows.html I am using the Sphinx Search program, www.sphinxsearch.com <http://www.sphinxsearch.com>, and it returns a list of IDs ordered by relevance. I take the array it gives me and create a comma separated list which is used in a postgres query using the WHERE "ID" IN (10, 2, 56, 40) statement. I would like to order the result by the order of the list.

ORDER BY ID=10 DESC, ID=2 DESC, ID=56 DESC, ID=40  DESC
is the only way, AFAIK.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.