Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Jon Lapham wrote:
How are we, Joe PostgreSQL users on the street, supposed to know which instructions to follow? Have I (very possible) missed some official

That would be a question for mediawiki people not PostgreSQL people.

Okay, makes sense. It just seemed to me that in previous upgrades I have done, the mediawiki people complained that these problems were due to changes made in postgresql's tsearch2 setup.

Also, a lot of the instructions do seem to be very postgres-oriented (for example: hand editting of the pgdump output, etc), not much to do on the mediawiki side of things. Other apps besides mediawiki seem to have similar problems, or maybe a better word is upgrade complications.

PostgreSQL instructions?  How do we go about triaging tsearch2 problems?

You could start by giving us PostgreSQL output, not mediawiki output. Up your logging level in the postgresql.conf, reload, and give us a little more context.

Okay, I'll work on that.

Here are the docs on Tsearch:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch.html

Which is decidedly different from 8.2 to 8.3.

Here are the docs on logging:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-logging.html

Thanks.