On 04/07/2008 15:03, Long Cui wrote:

Now I enter c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\createdb mydb;
PG asks me password
Is the password as superadmin's password or postgre's password what I set when postgresql installed in windows
I try both, but does not work" user administrator password fail"
so How to log on as superadmin.

A lot of this basic stuff is pretty accessible in the documentation - have you read up on it there?

Having said that, what you need to do is use the -U option to specify the Postgres user to use for the connection; if you don't, Postgres will try to authenticate you as the Windows account under which you're logged in. Look it up in the docs.

Ray.