Hi,

admin wrote:
Thanks again for replies.
I know those questions were pretty vague.
I need to set up some methodical test scripts that replicate my problems, so that it is clear what is going on.

There does seem to be some evidence of problems historically with PHP and persistent connections in PostgreSQL, on the PHP forums. The advice is typically to avoid them.

usually it goes so far to avoid PHP alltogether ;)
Is there any special reason to use PHP? There are
a couple other scripting languages useable for the
web which do all have better abstration available.
(afaic even PHP does have some more abstration to
 just using pg* functions)

Tino.