"Roberts, Jon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I am noticing a large number of temp schemas in my database.  We use
> temp tables but it doesn't appear that the schemas get dropped for some
> reason.

That's intentional.  There doesn't seem a lot of value in dropping a
catalog entry that'll just have to be created again later.

> This greatly slows down how long it takes pgAdmin to connect
> because it retrieves thousands of pg_temp_% schemas.

Why have you got thousands of them?  If you are running with thousands
of active backends, may I suggest a connection pooler?

(It might be a good idea to fix pgAdmin so it ignores other sessions'
temp schemas, though.)

                        regards, tom lane