Thomas Finneid wrote:
Hi

A quick question, In the doc on the net for miscellaneous config options, e.g. maintenance_work_mem, the doc states the argument is an integer, but it does not state whether the number should be in Bytes, KB, MB. From examples I have seen, I conclude its in KB, but is that correct?

From <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/config-setting.html>:
Some settings specify a memory or time value. Each of these has an implicit unit, which is either kilobytes, blocks (typically eight kilobytes), milliseconds, seconds, or minutes. Default units can be queried by referencing pg_settings.unit. For convenience, a different unit can also be specified explicitly. Valid memory units are kB (kilobytes), MB (megabytes), and GB (gigabytes); valid time units are ms (milliseconds), s (seconds), min (minutes), h (hours), and d (days). Note that the multiplier for memory units is 1024, not 1000.

--
Lew