Hi,
I wrote the trigger function below and when trying to execute it, I get the following error:

15:00:42 [CREATE - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] [Error Code: 0, SQL State: 42601] ERROR: syntax error at or near "INSERT"

I am using DBVisualizer's "SQL Commander" window, not the "create funciton" option. I know the SQL is correct - I can execute it just by itself. The problem is somewhere in the syntax for a postgres trigger function. Any input on what the problem might be would be just fabulous!

Many thanks,
Mira

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION audit_sequence_update() RETURNS trigger AS '
BEGIN
    IF tg_op = ''INSERT'' THEN
INSERT INTO audit_sequence_update(operation, "day", owner_uid, "sequence")
        VALUES
        ('INSERT', NEW."day", NEW.owner_uid, NEW."sequence");
    ELSE
INSERT INTO audit_sequence_update(operation, "day", owner_uid, "sequence")
        SELECT
        'UPDATE', "day", owner_uid, "sequence"
        FROM sequence where isdid=NEW.isdid;
    END IF;