On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Dave Page <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Joshua Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:18:26 -0500
> > "Eduardo Arévalo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi I am trying to install the portgres of 64btis in centos 5.6 but at
> >> the next command ./postgresql-8.3.4-1-linux-x64.bin
> >> the results are as follows:
> >
> > We don't distribute .bin files.... I would strongly suggest using the
> > rpm based packages for Centos.
>
> Yes we do - and simply switching to the RPM distro is unlikely to
> solve the problem as the OP is obviously not aware of the what the
> problem is and will probably grab the latest version available.
>
> Eduardo; the error you see occurs because the data directory you have
> is not compatible with the PostgreSQL version you are trying to
> install. Given the catalog version number the installer is reporting
> that it's found, your existing data directory is from PostgreSQL 8.2.
> You should therefore install the latest 8.2 RPM (or build from
> source), as the one-click installer is not available for the 8.2
> series.
>
> Why you have a PG 8.2 data directory under /usr/local/postgresql_8.3
> is another question entirely...

OP has data directory in /base/data, /usr/local/postgresql_8.3/data is the
default from the installer.
Data Directory [/usr/local/postgresql_8.3/data]: /base/data

Best regards,
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

EnterpriseDB      http://www.enterprisedb.com

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device