Goboxe wrote:
Hi,

I just receive a new server with 5 x 73GB SAS harddisk.
I tried to maximize the total usable space when configure using RAID
5.

What I plan to do to configure all the 5 harddisks using RAID 5.
Windows operating system also will be installed the same RAID 5 ( I
going to have c: & d: drives)

Is there any pro & cons when I using the above config?

Thanks,

Raid 5 is slow. I thought the dedicated hardware I had would do the checksums so fast and that raid 5 would be faster than raid 10 (since io is spread over more disks) but it turned out not to be the case. I'd used raid 10 if I were you.