3. Date handling
Sometimes I've got data with invalid dates and it would be great if it
could replace all the bad ones with, say "0000-00-00".

Oh dear $DEITY, no. Part of the ethos of PostgreSQL is that it requires you to enter valid data. I don't see how auto-replacing one invalid date with a standardized different invalid date is a benefit.

In a data-cleaning environment, I could see some limit benefit of some sort of explicit override on the copy command, say:
\copy foo (a, b, c invalid=null, d invalid='') from foo.txt...

At least you could get the good data into a table to analyze it. But overall, the data-cleaning role seems to me to belong more in the ETL arena.

-Steve