Hi,

      I don't have multiple postgres installed.Anyway, tried your suggestion
to use the full path name and here is what i get:

D:\pgsql\bin>D:\pgsql\bin\pg_ctl.exe -U postgres -P <mypasswd> -w start
-D:\pgsql\data

pg_ctl: could not open PID file ":/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid": Invalid
argument

       There is no data directory created by default (i used
no-installer-zip file to install postgres), so i went ahead and created a
dummy data directory which gave the same result as above. Any suggestions ??

Thanks.