This is embedded SQL in a .pgc file. You can see the "c_docket_date between
:date1 and :date2" line in the select statement, which is where the dates are
porcessed. If I pass a date in the mm-dd-yyyy format it works. However, the
application I'm porting is all based on dates in the mmddyyyy format.

I'm 99% cerain that PostgreSQL will NOT support dates in the mmddyyyy format,
unless you use the to_date function, which I'm trying to avoid.

select
c_jnum_prefix, c_jnum_seq, c_jnum_year, c_jnum_suffix, c_jnum_venue
,c_actkey, c_disp_cd
into
:prfx, :seq, :yr, :sfx, :ven, :actkey, :disp
from
c_records
where
c_jnum_prefix = :prfx