On Apr 15, 2009, at 12:42 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Dan Hayes <dhayes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Excellent! Thanks. One other quick question... What would happen if I
didn't delete the recovery.conf file?  Is that step just to prevent
accidentally restarting the server with it there?

recovery.conf is automatically renamed recovery.done by
postgres at the end of recovery, which would prevent
accidentally restarting warm-standby. So, you don't need to
delete or rename recovery.conf by hand after recovery.

Doh! Totally forgot that very nice piece of information (which is bad as that's also why I never tested the alternate scenario mentioned in my other response).

Erik Jones, Database Administrator
Engine Yard
Support, Scalability, Reliability
866.518.9273 x 260