we have an app thats doing massive amounts of inserts, batched in transactions, multiple concurrent connections (tuned for optimal throughput, usually around 1 thread per cpu core plus a couple more). occasionally a transaction gets duplicated, and that causes a constraint violation which causes the whole transaction to abort unless we wrap each insert in a savepoint.

my developers are asking me if there are limits as to how many savepoints can be active, etc. they have run into various such limits in oracle.