Hi all,

using Java I'm able to get a 10000 inserts/sec on our server using batch
updates (using preparedStatement.addBatch()).

Using Python I can't get past 2000 inserts/sec, which is roughly the same
performance of Java without addBatch.

Is there a Python driver that uses the same protocol form of addBatch in Java?
I even looked at the libpq to see, but I couldn't find any reference to batch
updating... not even in the protocol specs. Sniffing the protocol I think I got
that mainly the difference is in the round-trips to the server... but don't
know how to tell the Python driver/libpq to do it "the Java way".