On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, xaviergxf wrote:

Hi,

  I?m using php and full text on postgresql 8.3 for indexing html
descriptions. I have no acess to postgresql server, since i use a
shared hosting service.
   To improve search and performance, i want to do the follow:

Strip all html tags then use my php script to remove more stop words
(because i can?t edit stop words file on the server).

My question: What i?m thinking to do, has any collateral effects? Any
suggestions?

You shouldn't bother to strip all html tags, just create your own text search configuration, which index only what do you want. Read documentation for details.

        Regards,
                Oleg