Le 24/10/09 22:09, Pavel Stehule a écrit :
you can use plperl or plpython for this task.

Pavel

re-Hello Pavel,

I always used plpgsql because I *thought* it was the most powerfull procedural language for stored procedures in PostgreSQL.

The fact that PL/pgSQL is most documented than PL/Tcl and PL/Perl (and PL/Python *seems* to have very poor documentation) has probably made me wrong.

Which one would you advise me to learn and use, instead of PL/pgSQL ?

Can you explain me why does PL/Perl and PL/Python can does this task (using OLD in a dynamic query) where PL/pgSQL can't ?

Once again, thanks a lot for your tips ! :-)

Kind regards,

--
Bruno Baguette - bruno.bague...@gmail.com