a.bhattacha...@sungard.com, 15.12.2009 10:51:
Hi All,

I have my application UI in Java and which is communicating with
Postgresql database.

However whenever my application is running I could see there are too
many postgres.exe are created even though the application is not doing
anything in database.

In general the observation is that there are too many progress.exe
processes get created every time I run my application and it
postgres.exe eats up the maximum memory.

Define "too many".

Each connection that you open will start up a new postgres.exe

As Craig has already pointed out you have not specified enough details, so
people can only guess what is going wrong (if at all)

My best guess is:

- you are simply not closing your connections when you are don
- you have configured a connection pool that creates a high number of initial
connections

Thomas