Thanks John for reply. Users can connect to database server in either
way(from same computer or remote).

Currently by default all users are able to connect to database as pg_hba
file has been configured to TRUST for all users.

I am planning to remove these all users and want only specific groups and
users to connect to database server. I haven't configured the server so I
don't know from where to start.

Thanks,
Dipti