Hi *,
I have a question according to a customly built index. I want to force the
query planner to search in my index structure, whenever I have a query that
uses my specified operator. Until now, I always have to insert a quite amount
of tuples (~ 20000-30000) for being able to get an index scan instead of a
sequential scan.
What I tried here is to set in my costestimate function:
        *indexStartupCost = 1;
        *indexTotalCost = 1;
        *indexSelectivity = 1;
        *indexCorrelation = 1;
However, this does not work, apparently. I still have to put a quite amount of
tuples to the table and build my index on top of this. My costestimate function
is called properly and returns these values. What do I have to adjust in order
to force the query planner to use my index structure (which would be much
easier for me to test) and not having to insert a real big amount of data items?

Best regards
        Carsten Kropf