Denis Perchine wrote: > > Hello, > > I have very interesting problem. I have quite highly loaded database. > Once a day I create new indices, and after that drop old ones. Ido this one > by one. > Your "reindex" is different from REINDEX command,isn't it ? > All is fine except this error message I sometimes get for some of the queries > just after reindex. > > ERROR: Index 2050642 does not exist > > Looks like index oid was already resolved, but index was not locked yet... > And it was dropped just under the feet... > Parser-rewriter-planner acquires a short term lock. This may be improved in 7.1 though I'm not sure. Regards. Hiroshi Inoue