Vincenzo Romano wrote:
While I can agree that "Enterprise grade" is a buzzword, it does mean
something: "very large amount of data" among other.

http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Bitten_by_the_Enterprise_Bug.aspx

It's quite straighforward to get PostgreSQL up and running with many terabytes of data, so long as you respect the design trade-offs in some options. What you can't do is say those are wrong and reject alternative implementation suggestions just because they're not "enterprise". Whenever anyone uses that word at me, I mentally replace it with "super duper", and

There's no "fundamentally good design", but only a design which takes
limitations and constraints into account.

You mean like taking into account the fact that partitioning performance has an unavoidable trade-off, where you have to balance the query optimizer overhead of supporting many partitions against the improvement from splitting data into smaller pieces?
g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us