We have a customer who is running PostgreSQL 8.4 on a Windows Server
2003 box.  The Postgres service is set up to store data on the
computer's H drive, which is actually an iSCSI connection to a folder of
a disk drive on a separate computer.  The same computer that runs
PostgreSQL also runs the Kepware OPC server.  If a user needs to connect
remotely to this computer to change something in the OPC server, he has
to connect using "mstsc /admin".  More often than not, when a user
connects remotely using the /admin option, PostgreSQL will crash.  The
only indication of a problem left in the log file is a message saying
that error 128 happened, which is a problem with a child process.  It
does not say which process, or what the problem was.

The only reference we were able to find on the Web for this problem said
that it went away when the user upgraded from 8.3.1 to 8.4.  That was
why we did the same upgrade.  For us, the problem still exists.

Has anyone else seen and fixed this problem?

RobR, remaining mystified about why that customer has such as wierd
database configuration