Recently migrated to a shiny new 8.4.4 postgres instance....data stored on
attached storage array.  Transaction logs stored on 2 local mirrored drives
(local to the database server itself) for best performance.

While we are replicating (using slony) to our DR site, our first-choice plan
(in the event of an issue simply with the database server itself) was to
disconnect the SAS cables from it (connected to the DAS) and connect them to a
'similar' box we have on standby.  With the WAL logs physically on the drives
of the original database server, this obviously becomes an issue.

What is recommended in terms of prep/switchover in this instance?  Should we be
rsyncing or using built-in wal-log shipping of these transaction logs to our
stand-by server?  Simply pop out these drives and hand-move them to the
standby-server? (assuming they are not the issue in the first place)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.