I am trying to calculate a value from a current record in a query and can't seem to get it working.

Here is the shortened query;
SELECT
      s.id,
      r.the_date_time,
      s.open_price,
      s.high_price,
      s.low_price,
      s.close_price,
      thesheet_onepair.symbol,
      r.buy_long,
      r.buy_stop,
      r.sell_cl,
      r.stop_sell,
      r.sell_short,
      r.sell_stop,
      r.buy_os,
      r.stop_buy,
      check_long_profit ()as tst
      FROM
        public.thesheet_dailystats s,
        public.thesheet_recommendation r,
        public.thesheet_onepair
      WHERE
        s.one_pair_id = thesheet_onepair.id AND
        s.the_date = r.the_date_time::date AND
        r.one_pair_id = thesheet_onepair.id
      ORDER BY
        r.the_date_time DESC,
        thesheet_onepair.id ASC;

check_long_profit is the function. I basically want to do some calculations on this record and return some calculated fields.

I can't seem to figure out how to pass the row.

Here is my header for the function
create or replace function check_long_profit () returns integer AS $$

I know I am missing something easy.

Thanks